Job Title: Database Architect
Location: Peapack, NJ
Employment Type: Contract
About VLink: Started in 2006 and headquartered in Connecticut, VLink is one of the fastest growing digital technology services and consulting companies. Since its inception, our innovative team members have been solving the most complex business, and IT challenges of our global clients.
• Create stored procedures, views, tables and triggers using at least one of PL/pgSQL, T-SQL, and Oracle PL/SQL.
• Design and implement logical and physical data models and work closely with application developers to create and implement new features.
• Able to write complex queries
• Experience with error handling and transaction control
• Knowledge of techniques such as dynamic sql and parameterization
• Experience with performance tuning and database maintenance
• Familiar with backups, restores, storage hardware and other tools in the DBA toolbox
• Knowledge of data modeling techniques and creating normalized data models.
• Comfortable engaging with the business stakeholders and understanding their concerns/issues
• Knowledge of the hardware needed for the database and should be comfortable with performing upgrades, applying patches and doing other software installations
• Comfortable in a tightly controlled Change Control environment with strict protocols
• Familiarity with modern BI Tools such as ETL Tools and Reporting Software and Big Data ETL tools
• Examine and identify database structural necessities by evaluating client operations, applications, and programming.
• Assess database implementation procedures to ensure they comply with internal and external regulations.
• Prepare accurate database design and architecture reports for management and executive teams.
• Monitor the system performance by performing regular tests, troubleshooting and integrating new features.
• Recommend solutions to improve new and existing database systems.
• Educate staff members through training and individual support.
• Offer support by responding to system problems in a timely manner.
• Able to mentor more junior team members Ideal to have experience in the pharma industry and with GxP applications
EEO, ADA, FMLA Compliant
VLink is an equal opportunity employer. At VLink, we are committed to embracing diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. VLink does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, or discharge, will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, performance, and business needs.