ETL Developer w/ Talend
Are you serious about your career change?
We are a fast-growing company that is committed to helping in your next career move.
VLink is looking for a Mid level Talend /ETL Developer to support a project that involves converting DataStage/Netezza code into Talend/Snowflake using an automated converter.
- Operate an automated DataStage to Talend converter to produce Talend jobs
- Open converted jobs and fix any compilation errors, troubleshoot the jobs, occasionally compare functionality between DataStage and Talend
- Execute jobs to test functionality and performance
- Job testing comparing data on the input and output
- Deploy jobs to source control systems or appropriate environments
- The work will require attention to detail, persistence in troubleshooting, ability to make quick decisions based on scenarios at hand, operating in Windows and Linux environments.
- Mid-level Talend developer
- Experience with Talend Integration Studio (or Open Studio): 2.5+ years
- Talend Data Mapper component experience is a significant plus
- Handling of relational, flat file, XML, MQ series, Mainframe components
- Basic Java knowledge to operate Talend expressions
- Experience with ETL conversion projects is a plus (as opposed to new ETL development), preferably from DataStage
- Exprerience with DataStage is a plus
- Experience with Data Warehouse Appliances, such as Netezza or Snowflake
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts (facts/dimensions, various methodologies)
- Linux basics (basic commands, understanding of shell variables, very basic shell scripting)
- Git or BitBucket source control
Since its inception in 2006, VLink has become a reliable and nimble partner with a primary focus on small and mid-sized global customers in North America and APAC regions, providing information technology and strategic workforce solutions. Our engineering mindset and access to a global talent pool enable us to swiftly create affordable and tailored solutions.
Learn more about us.
VLink offers benefits such as comprehensive health plan, 401k match, critical illness, short-term disability, accidental insurance, life insurance, employee discounts, remote work, flexible schedule, paid vacation/sick days and floating holidays.
EEO, ADA, FMLA Compliant
VLink is an equal opportunity employer. At VLink, we are committed to embracing diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. VLink does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, or discharge, will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, performance, and business needs.