- Ref No. : 21-00800
- Location: Boston, MASSACHUSETTS
- Position Type : Contract
Job Title: Help Desk Specialist
Location: 10 Park Plaza, Boston, MA 02116
Employment Type: (Full-time or contract)
Duration: 6 mo, with option to extend
About VLink: Started in 2006 and headquartered in Connecticut, VLink is one of the fastest growing digital technology services and consulting companies. Since its inception, our innovative team members have been solving the most complex business, and IT challenges of our global clients.
This role will provide Tier 1 (one) and Tier 2 (two) computer technical support to internal customers and perform related work daily. Key tasks include staging desktops, moving and setting up user work areas, and troubleshooting end user problems. The basic purpose of this work is to ensure internal customers can effectively use the computer resources provided to them as tools so that they can in turn perform their job functions.
- Monitors & responds to telephone, voicemail, email and ticketing systems to resolve customer issues with the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Performs related duties such as using remote access tools (Goverlan, GoToAssist, etc.) and other software and equipment (inventory scanner).
- Implements approved systems and/or programs (software deployment, patches, bios updates, etc.), determines the hardware or software requirements for MassDOT employees, contractors or interns; determines appropriate response to error conditions; verifies data and print-outs for errors and completeness (Active Directory accounts); and consults with users, technical personnel, and vendors to identify and resolve problems or to notify of existing or potential problems.
- Images, installs and troubleshoots end user computing equipment such as PC’s, laptops, tablets, mobile devices, scanners, printers, and new technology as deployed
- Tests systems and/or programs by preparing tests plans and data, conducting, test runs, reviewing input and output data for accuracy and validity, determining causes / system failure and making necessary changes to ensure the validity of the system or program prior to implementation or deployment.
- Participates in the activities required for the operation and maintenance of systems by recommending changes and correction and to provide new needs of users.
- With direction from IT Operations Management follows all security guidelines and remediation tasks related to PCI to ensure 100% compliancy.
- Develops and enhances Service Desk documentation/knowledge and educates end users on applications.
- Attends and contributes to professional meetings, seminars, and training to keep up to date with the developments in the IT profession.
- Establishes and maintains a collaborative professional rapport with MassDOT peers and customers to ensure timely response and resolution.
- Completes all mandatory training as required.
- Creates and Maintains user accounts (not limited to changing passwords, adding users and workstations to security groups, and disabling accounts).
- Follows all major outage SOP (standard operating procedures) guidelines for local and system wide outages.
- Upgrades workstations to meet changing infrastructure needs.
- Consumes Service Desk documentation/knowledge and educates end users on applications.
- Works on special projects as required.
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Knowledge and concepts of computer hardware and software support.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft 0365 suite
- Knowledge of Service Now ticketing system or equivalent
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize effectively and work efficiently with management supervision
- Ability to logically troubleshoot and resolve complex technology issues.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to establish rapport and work collaboratively with others.
- Ability to maintain a professional and courteous work environment at all times.
- Ability to prepare and use technical documentation and flow charts.
- Experience working with vendors to resolve customer issues and managing project related work.
- Ability to manage customer issues from beginning to resolution using all tools necessary.
- 2-3 Years of Tier 1 PC/Computer support
- Current knowledge of servers and networking technology a plus
- Technical certifications are a plus
EEO, ADA, FMLA Compliant
VLink is an equal opportunity employer. At VLink, we are committed to embracing diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. VLink does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, or discharge, will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, performance, and business needs.