IT Product Manager
Job Title: IT Product Manager (Maximo)
Location: Buffalo, NY (Remote until Covid Restriction)
Employment Type: Contract
Duration: 12 Months
About VLink: Started in 2006 and headquartered in Connecticut, VLink is one of the fastest growing digital technology services and consulting companies. Since its inception, our innovative team members have been solving the most complex business, and IT challenges of our global clients.
This assignment is in support of part of the client’s Facilities Management platform, wherein they provide hard facilities management services via IBM’s Maximo product, which is highly customized for this client, and a very large implementation.
Responsible for one IT product or several IT assets: IBM Maximo, Global Supplier Portal (GSP), EzMaxMobile (Maximo version 7.6.2)
- Lead the iterative development of a solution, has a global vision of the project which allows to take charge of the roadmap, quickly identify issues and drive solutions
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and the user stories
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Responsible for the delivery of the product(s)/solution(s)
- Contributes and aligns with Global Enterprise Architecture
- Contributes to optimize the cost of the solution
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Critical Musts include experience in working in high profile project situations in a multi-vendor environment. Must be able to quickly ramp up on client approach.
- First and foremost, strong candidates for this role will be proactive, problem solvers who have hands-on ability and analytical skills and perform at high levels. The candidate must be able and comfortable taking responsibility for this scope of work, and own it.
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior client staff and managers, especially on technical topics.
- Strong personal interaction, confidence, and verbal communication skills. Must be able to work collaboratively with Business partners and IT manager
- Realization of the Roadmap and the supervision of the projects by ensuring their realization
- Participation in business / functional workshops
- Writing functional requirements in business processes
- Management and maintenance of the product backlog & sprint backlog
- Responsible of the user stories redaction
- Quality analysis / User Interface
- Ensure compliance with Sodexo policies in term of security, quality, development, sub-contracting
- Animation/participation of Agile Scrum rituals (daily, sprint, poker planning, retrospective)
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends
- Follow the budget allocated to his/her domain. Evaluate and recommend IT investment to be able to deliver
- Manage the communication and relationship with internal stakeholders: sponsors and business owners in the platforms and/or the segments
- Managed the product governance and aligns with Global IS&T processes and Governance evolution
- Minimum 5 years of work experience as a Product Owner or similar role in product management
- Deep experience and strong knowledge in IBM Maximo technologies
- Project management skills
- Strong competence in agile methods and SCRUM
- Strong competence in product development life cycle in traditional project management
- Knowledge of project management tools
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative thinker with a vision
- Fluent English
EEO, ADA, FMLA Compliant
VLink is an equal opportunity employer. At VLink, we are committed to embracing diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. VLink does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, or discharge, will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, performance, and business needs.