Manager IIOT – Cloud
Are you serious about your career change?
We are a fast-growing company that is committed to helping in your next career move.
Role: Manager IIOT Cloud
Duration: Contract to hire or Full-time permanent hire
Location: Farmington, CT or Atlanta, GA
A Cloud Industrial IoT Manager who will be responsible for the Cloud based industrial Internet of Things solutions and platforms. This includes all aspects of design, build and running scalable cloud based industrial IoT solutions and the associated technologies and developing support process. This person will also be responsible for providing guidance to the rest of the Connected Factory team to adhere to the best practices with our IoT development and deployments.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide advisory and thought leadership on the design and implementation of Industrial IoT platform leveraging modern Cloud based platforms/technologies (Microsoft Azure, AWS IoT) and opensource solutions.
- Foster the introduction of new capabilities and innovative solutions securely to empower our plant operations teams to run streamlined manufacturing operations.
- Provide guidance to the Connected Factory team members and other Industry 4.0 teams on adopting modern cloud technologies and best practices focused around IoT in secure and scalable fashion.
- Expected to upkeep the knowledge about progression of technology evolution related to IoT. Investigate new technologies, conduct evaluations/Proof of concept and provide recommendations for implementing new Industry 4.0 capabilities.
- Maintain extensive expertise with cloud Platform as a Service technologies with focus on Internet of things platforms such as Azure, AWS or Google IoT platforms.
- Establish technology standards and Standard operating procedures.
- Manage and guide our external vendors and partners
- 4-year bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a software related discipline. A Master's degree in a related field is an advantage.
- 10+ years of well-balanced experience in designing innovative enterprise wide, scalable solutions using modern solution deployment patterns.
- Proven leader in Information or Operations technologies with focus on innovation and experience
- 4+ years' experience with providing leadership and oversight to an engineering organization.
- Proven experience with adopting Azure, AWS or Google IoT cloud solutions in an enterprise setting.
- Experience with Edge analytics solutions such as Azure IoT Edge, AWS Greengrass and Node Red.
- Proven experience with modern cloud compute solutions including Infrastructure as a service
- Practical experience with serverless cloud platforms and solution deployment utilizing Azure Functions and/or AWS Lambda, Container deployment and orchestration technologies with Docker and Kubernetes
- Very good understanding with opensource solutions deployment at enterprise scale including but not limited to Linux Operating system, Kafka, Zookeeper etc.
- Working knowledge with modern DevOps solution patterns and Infrastructure as code cloud automation solutions.
- Proven working knowledge of deploying solutions utilizing Microsoft Power Platform (PowerApps, PowerBI and Microsoft Flows) adhering to enterprise data governance.
- Extensive hands-on experience with database technologies utilizing Relational Databases such as Microsoft SQL, PostgresSQL, mysql and NoSQL solutions such as CosmosDB, MongoDB. Also having exposure to Time series databases such as Azure Time Series insight and/or InfluxDB will be an advantage
- Very strong project/program management experience with focus on Agile methodologies.
- Proficiency in consuming REST based API (with JSON payload) is a plus.
- Natural curiosity and a strong passion for empirical research and problem solving
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; comfortable communicating with senior levels of both business and technology leadership
Since its inception in 2006, VLink has become a reliable and nimble partner with a primary focus on small and mid-sized global customers in North America and APAC regions, providing information technology and strategic workforce solutions. Our engineering mindset and access to a global talent pool enable us to swiftly create affordable and tailored solutions.
Learn more about us.
VLink offers benefits such as comprehensive health plan, 401k match, critical illness, short-term disability, accidental insurance, life insurance, employee discounts, remote work, flexible schedule, paid vacation/sick days and floating holidays.
EEO, ADA, FMLA Compliant
VLink is an equal opportunity employer. At VLink, we are committed to embracing diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. VLink does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, or discharge, will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, performance, and business needs.