- Ref No. : 21-02077
- Location: Houston, TEXAS
- Position Type : Contract
Job Title: PCD Network Project Manager
Location: Houston, TX
Employment Type: Contract
Duration: 12 Months
About VLink: Started in 2006 and headquartered in Connecticut, VLink is one of the fastest-growing digital technology services and consulting companies. Since its inception, our innovative team members have been solving the most complex business, and IT challenges of our global clients.
Job Description: The Digital Systems & PI Application Engineer acts as a Focal Point for ongoing technical assistance needs for systems, platforms and hardware associated with the Process Control Network, PI systems as well as filling the Backup Site Focal Point position for Process Control Domain (PCD) security which includes ongoing operational responsibility for ensuring appropriate and secure management and use of systems and applications contained within the Process Control Domain/Network (PCD/N).
- Provide application and infrastructure support for all OPC connections (including OPC Calculations) in the site.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Process Control Domain/Network computers by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance, and repair.
- Serve as PI, OPC Calculations and Raddical Site Focal Point.
- Assist the PCD Integrity Site Focal Point with the day-to-day operations of the Process Control Domain/Network computers by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance, and repair.
- Provide application and infrastructure support for all tank and inventory data within TIS/OMM and FuelsManager. Perform changes to site specific configuration, update strapping data, and changes to Tank/Products, Lineups, and Access, etc.
- Responsible for Pi historian infrastructure, able to support and troubleshoot historian communication and performance issues.
- Ensure records of equipment inventory are properly maintained.
- Provide technical assistance to the site for issue regarding displays or access. Approve and manage read / write access requests to Raddical displays.
- Apply revisions to system firmware and software.
- Provide hands on technical support related to the overall health and maintenance of the VMWare operating environments in support of 24/7 operations.
- Understand and transform business requirements into scalable/manageable solution architecture and design specifications for reliability, scalability, security and integration.
- Identify opportunities and risks for architecting the company's applications or infrastructure solutions, including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, total cost of ownership, benefits and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles.
- Leverage industry standards to guide solution decisions in relation to reliability, scalability, security, and integration for the organization.
- Act as single point of contact at the site for issues relating to DCS system platform and associated hardware residing on the L3 and L2 networks and is the lead in the research and analysis of system application needs and problems for users.
- Install and configure new Emmerson DeltaV Backup and Recovery systems.
- Review, research, recommend, and implement system design improvements across platforms.
- Develop new system and application implementation plans, custom scripts and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability. Train technical staff in how to use new software and hardware developed and/or acquired.
- Provide proactive technical support to Operations and Area CSE's and Inspectors for diagnosing DCS equipment problems, developing repair plans, and executing repairs. May guide or provide work direction to technical staff, contract staff and/or employees.
- Perform troubleshooting as required. As such, leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
- Establish, maintain, and manage user's accounts. Installs, modifies, and maintains systems and utility software on server computer systems. Provides server support related to other software.
- Establish guidelines and methods for the installation and management of the virtual server host computer operating systems, disk arrays, fiber channel switches, flex-fabric modules, and other components.
- Ensure high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical virtual server host computer resources.
- Develop procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature and user abuse.
- Responsible for the protection, retention, and integrity of system data.
- Develop procedures, programs and documentation for backup and restoration of host operating systems and host-based applications.
- Develop and coordinates project directions and schedules to maximize benefits and minimize impacts on the customer organizations. Provide leadership in planning and implementation of projects for computer operations and enterprise systems administration.
- Participate or represent department requirements on assigned projects as directed by Management or Project Manager. SME, Tester or Deployment resource depending on work activity.
- Develop tools, procedures, and training sessions for Operations, Digital Systems staff to assist with work.
- Participates in factory testing, system integration and acceptance testing during the purchase process of new systems.
- BS in Engineering discipline or 2/4-Year degree related to IT.
- In-depth knowledge of LAN/WAN topologies.
- 5-10 years' experience with Hyper-converged technologies.
- 5-10 years' experience administering TIS/OMM.
- 5-10 years' experience administering PI Administration/Management interface Tools.
- 5-10 years' experience administering VMware environments.
- 5-10 years' experience with DeltaV/Client backup & recovery Consoles.
- 5-10 years' experience performing preventive/predictive maintenance on DCS and Process Control computing systems.
- Knowledge of heterogeneous networked Client and Dell server environment, including but not limited to Microsoft Windows Server, Linux, VMware vSphere, VMware Replication, ESXi, Veeam, Hyper-V, Delta-V Virtual Studio, Symantec Endpoint Protection, Symantec System Recovery, Altiris, Veritas Backup Exec, Citrix, Active Directory, Powershell, and Group Policies.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, Server Hardware, TCP/IP, DNS, NFS, BIND, SMTP, NTP, LDAP, HTTP, SSH, FTP, OPC, DCOM, iSCSI, and Fiber-channel.
- Excellent communication/customer service skills, strong analytical skills, strong documentation/written communication skills, prioritize and multi-tasking and ability to work well in a collaborative teaming environment.
- Familiar with HA and DR solution design concepts.
- Storage Area Networks, Virtualized Computing and SSL Certificate Administration
EEO, ADA, FMLA Compliant
VLink is an equal opportunity employer. At VLink, we are committed to embracing diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. VLink does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All aspects of employment, including hiring, promoting, or discharge, will be decided based on qualifications, merit, performance, and business needs.