Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Houston, Texas,
Employment Type: Contract
Duration: 12 Months
About VLink: Started in 2006 and headquartered in Connecticut, VLink is one of the fastest-growing digital technology services and consulting companies. Since its inception, our innovative team members have been solving the most complex business, and IT challenges of our global clients.
Job Description: As a project manager/Financial SME, you will work with project teams and driving project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring/controlling, and closure. You will manage multiple projects across different platforms; lead technical and strategic direction; and collaborate with a cross-discipline team of engineers, management, and customers to design innovative solutions for our clients. You will be responsible for overall portfolio financials, involving budgets/actuals/forecast etc to ensure that funding stays on target. The role is a significant position that involves working with customers and other stakeholders by developing and implementing solutions in a complex, highly dynamic environment.
• Manage projects on schedule and on budget
•Create/maintain/update financial models that keep track of budgets/actuals/forecasts to ensure project /portfolio financials stay on target
• Take initiative to coach, mentor, and orient co-workers and actively support team-based developments
• Drive the on-time delivery of complete scope while actively managing change requests and setting customer expectations
• Ensure all solutions are delivered in accordance with CGI standards and methodologies
• Stay abreast of technical and industry developments
• Provide the highest quality services possible to all external and internal clients
• Assist with project estimation and System Requirements Specifications
• Responsible for client satisfaction.
• Advanced written and verbal communication and presentation skills
•Advanced Excel skills including, but not limited data analysis, pivot tables, lookups, Power Pivots, charts
• Excellent leadership and team development skills (including coaching and mentoring)
• Timely, decisive, and effective problem-solving skills
• Solid project management skills related to project planning and control; scope management; issue and risk management; and quality management
• Experience managing projects; and Project Management tools, including, but not limited to JIRA, PRISM, CMPM, and FUSE
• Demonstrated ability to perform all facets of the standard project management lifecycle, including project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring/controlling and closure required.
EEO, ADA, FMLA Compliant
VLink is an equal opportunity employer. At VLink, we are committed to embracing diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. VLink does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All aspects of employment, including hiring, promoting, or discharge, will be decided based on qualifications, merit, performance, and business needs.
Why do so many people find a home with VLink? It’s more than our office parties and picnics — VLink has a sense of social responsibility that we pass on to all our team members.
We try to make a difference beyond solving our clients’ most pressing IT challenges. We’refilled with a spirit of enabling change for good, primarily through technology. Whether that’s helping youths embrace a STEM program or joining the global community to attack a health crisis, we feel we have a moral responsibility to apply our talent where it’s most needed.
Our recognition for industry-leading cloud optimization, migration and hybrid solutions means ROI for your company.