Are you serious about your career change?
We are a fast-growing company that is committed to helping in your next career move.
Vlink has an immediate need for Scrum Master to join our Birmingham,AL
• Focuses the Agile team on delivering planned value
• Ensures the team(s) achieve their stated objectives by reinforcing SAFe framework and Scrum principles, keeping the team focused on their goals, and facilitating all standard ceremonies
• Guides the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values
• Guides the team on how to get the most out of self-organization
• Guides the team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
• Assesses the Scrum maturity of the team and organization and coaches the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
• Facilitates getting the work done
• Addresses and eliminates impediments beyond the team's authority or items that require support from other teams
• Guides the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment
• Builds an environment of continuous improvement and encourages a healthy intra-team dynamic by facilitating team retrospectives, coaching team on problem solving and conflict resolution, and escalating issues when necessary
• Facilitates discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
• Coordinates with other teams (DevOps, System Teams, Shared Services and other Scrum Masters) passing information to others and back to the team as needed
• Assists with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
• Supports and educates the Product Owner, especially with respect to maintenance and work on the product backlog
• Guides the team through estimating and forecasting
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• Two (2) years of relevant business/development support, user story creation, writing, and estimation
• Two years of experience in the Scrum Master role for a software development team involved in diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
• Experience with Agile SCRUM and/or Kanban
• Experience communicating technical information to a non-technical audience
• First Level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I) and/or SAFe Practitioner certification
• Two (2) years of Project Management experience preferably in Information Technology
• Extensive Agile and/or Scrum experience; Second level Scrum Master certification (CSP, PSM II) and/or SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certification
• Experience in the Scrum Master role for two (2) years for a software development team diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
• Knowledge of other Agile approaches such as XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
• Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
• Working knowledge of SAFe
• Experience as a Team Leader and coaching, training, or developing teams
Skills and Competencies
• Strong skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
• Knowledge of well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, Retrospective formats, handling of bugs, etc.)
• Strong collaboration, facilitation, and conflict management skills
Since its inception in 2006, VLink has become a reliable and nimble partner with a primary focus on small and mid-sized global customers in North America and APAC regions, providing information technology and strategic workforce solutions. Our engineering mindset and access to a global talent pool enable us to swiftly create affordable and tailored solutions.
VLink offers benefits such as comprehensive health plan, 401k match, critical illness, short-term disability, accidental insurance, life insurance, employee discounts, remote work, flexible schedule, paid vacation/sick days and floating holidays.
EEO, ADA, FMLA Compliant
VLink is an equal opportunity employer. At VLink, we are committed to embracing diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. VLink does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, or discharge, will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, performance, and business needs.