Senior Performance Engineer
Are you serious about your career change?
We are a fast-growing company that is committed to helping in your next career move.
Vlink has an immediate need for Senior Performance Engineer to join our Birmingham, AL
• Collaborates with application development teams to mitigate performance bottlenecks throughout the entire application stack
• Recommends improvements to the architecture and deployment of applications under test
• Emphasizes methods of integrating testing best practices into the application development lifecycle to reduce friction, identify potential problems early, and improve cross-collaboration
• Participates in the Performance Engineering Community of Practice which is a technology platform that enables knowledge sharing and cross-collaboration, drive standardization and innovation
• Collaborates with other engineers to develop testing and monitoring approaches
• Focuses on assurance in the areas of error rates, response times, and impact on infrastructure
• Designs, scripts, configures, and run performance tests to validate production readiness of software applications and infrastructure for stability and performance
• Conditions test data as needed to properly simulate test scenarios
• Supports testing needs of new projects, infrastructure upgrades, and application enhancements by validating application functionality against documented test cases
• Diagnoses, tracks, and manages performance issues to resolution
• Uses dashboards that enable efficient monitoring of applications and systems running in production environments to troubleshoot issues and report findings
• Provides summaries and assessments of the application's performance, emphasizing trends over time
• Conducts "deep dive” analysis of data when trends or anomalies are identified
• Collaborates with AD teams during story design to ensure new application features are developed in a performant manner.
• Participate in PI Planning, Sprint Planning, and Daily standup meetings for development teams.
• Provides leadership and mentorship to a team of performance engineers
• Leads or participates in cross-organizational initiatives
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field
• Five (5) years working as a Performance Engineer or related experience with high-traffic, large-scale distributed systems, client-server architectures on-prem and cloud
• One (1) year of experience in software application development or test automation
• Familiar with application architecture, design, capacity planning, and application performance best practices
• Experience with Structured Query Language (SQL), C, C++, C# or Java programming, and automated testing methodologies
• Familiar with container technologies
• Understanding of On Prem and Cloud
• Familiar with open source load testing tools such as Apache JMeter, httperf and APM, infrastructure monitoring tools like Splunk
• Familiar with SQL/NoSQL databases – querying, profiling and performance tuning
• Experience with cloud DevOps (Kubernetes)
Skills and Competencies
• Understanding of performance analysis and testing processes
• Hands-on experience with load testing tools like Client LoadRunner
• Experience with monitoring tools such as Splunk
• Experience with other tools and frameworks such as Fiddler, Dynatrace, JMeter, Hammer, Performance Center
• Knowledge of application scalability and performance tuning (Web-based, n-tier, MQ, CICS)
• Ability to dissect multi-tiered systems and track data flow throughout an entire application stack
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Effective communication and leadership skills
Since its inception in 2006, VLink has become a reliable and nimble partner with a primary focus on small and mid-sized global customers in North America and APAC regions, providing information technology and strategic workforce solutions. Our engineering mindset and access to a global talent pool enable us to swiftly create affordable and tailored solutions.
VLink offers benefits such as comprehensive health plan, 401k match, critical illness, short-term disability, accidental insurance, life insurance, employee discounts, remote work, flexible schedule, paid vacation/sick days and floating holidays.
EEO, ADA, FMLA Compliant
VLink is an equal opportunity employer. At VLink, we are committed to embracing diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. VLink does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, or discharge, will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, performance, and business needs.