Sr. Data & Analytics Architect and Management Consultant
Are you serious about your career change?
We are a fast-growing company that is committed to helping in your next career move.
Primary skills – Enterprise Solution architect with Data & Analytics as focus area
You will be expected to perform below activities
a) Engage with global executive leadership to shape the broad analytic vision for the business group, ensure alignment across stakeholders, and facilitate progress
b) Identify opportunities and partner with business executives to set priority, manage expectations, facilitate change needed to activate insights, and measure impact
c) Deconstruct problems and goals to form a clear picture for hypothesis generation and use best practices around analytic approaches and technology to solve business challenges
d) Proactively shape and nurture the vision and practice of the global data strategy and engagement team
e) Present frequently to senior leadership team on data & analytics road maps, solution proposals and innovation ideas including recommendations on enterprise architectures and technology direction.
f) Establish best practices for big-data technologies tools and own processes related to model selection, accuracy and efficiency
g) Engage and motivate a highly effective team of delivery leaders and technical managers; Manage their performance and growth, coach executive engagement skills, and develop potential successors
h) Communicate clearly and effectively with business users and agile teams through all phases of the development life cycle
i) Proliferate knowledge on the latest data technology and best practices
Prerequisites & Technical Skills Needed
1. Minimum of 15+ years overall IT industry experience. At least 10+ years in a solution architecture role within areas of DWH, BI Reporting, Big Data, Data Quality & Governance, AI/Client/Data Science and Hybrid Cloud Solutions. 4+ years in a cloud data platform architecture with hands on experience leveraging Microsoft Azure and preferably also in GCP and AWS tech stacks.
2. Ability to lead and collaborate with other enterprise architects, data platform architects and security architects to deliver scalable, secure and resilient IaaS and PaaS platform solutions in Azure
3. Be technical across several areas, understanding coding in modern languages including modern data platforms, data science, technology architecture modeling, CICD, automation principles, and technology security
4. Produce designs of complex systems, including discovery and analysis, formulation of solution context, identification of solution alternatives, technology selection, and design configuration through the consistent use of recognized design methods.
5. Creation of descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics solutions using Azure Stream Analytics, Azure Analysis Services, Data Lake Analytics, HDInsight, HDP, Spark, Databricks, MapReduce, Pig, Hive, Tez, SSAS.
6. Large scale design, implementation and operations of OLTP, OLAP, DW and NoSQL data storage technologies such as SQL Server, Azure SQL, Azure SQL DW, Azure Data Lake Store, Hadoop, HBase, Hive, PostgreSQL, CosmosDB, MongoDB, MySQL, Neo4j, etc.
7. Working experience in Azure IaaS & PaaS services (App Service, Service Bus, Azure Functions, Logic Apps, Azure AD, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Docker, Azure API Manage, Azure Storage, Azure SQL Server).
8. Application of AI, Cognitive & Data Science technologies such as Azure Machine Learning, Cognitive Services, Text Analytics API, Face API, Computer Vision API, Bot Service, Azure Notebooks, Anaconda, Jupyter, TensorFlow, R, Neural Networks, NLP, NLG, TTS etc.
9. Working experience with delivery methodologies such as Agile and CI/CD. Hands on experience in implementing DevOps automation using Azure DevOps Services (VSTS), Git, Jenkins, Docker etc.
10. Application of Information Architecture in large enterprise through use of industry standard modelling, mapping, management, metadata, lineage and quality standards and technologies including IDEF1X, DDL, DML, UML, ER/Studio, ERWin, MDM.
11. Proven ability to lead infrastructure capacity planning required supporting the short- and long-term needs associated with the IT strategy and roadmap initiatives.
12. Previous experience in establishing and or contributed to data & analytics Centres of Excellence (CoE) that drive technology leaders through-out the IT organization to develop and maintain standards that increase efficiency, reduce risk and deliver rapid business value.
Additional Skills Required
i. Experience of working in large digital transformation engagements within the pharma domain with knowledge of data and business processes across areas of R&D, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Commercial areas would be preferable.
ii. Experience in Proactive pitches, Business Value Consulting, Pre-Sales, Requirement gathering, Solution building, POC implementations and Technical Program Management.
iii. Ability to solve problems in complex and loosely defined contexts through raw analytical power and previous experience; forward thinker who can envision and consider the future state while balancing immediate constraints.
iv. Organizational management and people management skills, having led a team of significant size in complex, multi-stakeholder setting(s)
v. Proven ability to manage and lead teams using Agile software development methodologies.
Since its inception in 2006, VLink has become a reliable and nimble partner with a primary focus on small and mid-sized global customers in North America and APAC regions, providing information technology and strategic workforce solutions. Our engineering mindset and access to a global talent pool enable us to swiftly create affordable and tailored solutions.
Learn more about us.
VLink offers benefits such as comprehensive health plan, 401k match, critical illness, short-term disability, accidental insurance, life insurance, employee discounts, remote work, flexible schedule, paid vacation/sick days and floating holidays.
EEO, ADA, FMLA Compliant
VLink is an equal opportunity employer. At VLink, we are committed to embracing diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. VLink does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, or discharge, will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, performance, and business needs.