Tech lead/Sr. Java Developer
Job Title: Tech Lead/Sr. Java Developer
Location: Atlanta GA
Employment Type: Contract
Duration: 12 Months
About VLink: Started in 2006 and headquartered in Connecticut, VLink is one of the fastest-growing digital technology services and consulting companies. Since its inception, our innovative team members have been solving the most complex business, and IT challenges of our global clients.
Job Description: The client is looking for a Senior Java Developer that craves exciting and new challenges in the Java landscape. Are you looking to apply your raw, unfettered talent and development chops to provide simple solutions to complex problems? Are you the type of person that can develop the grand plan and then get your hands dirty in its implementation? If you’re ready to develop powerful, high-performance, and event-driven back-end services for GIS fleet-tracking systems, you’ve found the perfect role!
FUTURE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Distill and transpose high-level project requirements into functional project features
• Collaborate with project managers to establish an order of implementation for project schedules
• Work with team and stakeholders to accurately estimate scope and development needs for new projects with potentially limited requirements
• Proactively identify scope creep to the team and project manager
• Commit and deploy changes frequently so that team, project managers, and stakeholders can see progress and provide feedback
• Provide appropriate level of detail in commit/pull request messages
• Lead by example and communicate proactively with project teams
• Update work tickets in a timely fashion
• Ensure project deliverables are on track, informing the team as far in advance as possible of any issues
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
• BS in Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years of Java application development experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
• Prior experience with database development, including SQL and JPA/Hibernate
• Prior experience utilizing Spring Boot and Docker
• Prior experience implementing RESTful services
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
• Experience dealing with high-volume data and event sourcing
• Experience with GIS/mapping software
• Familiarity with Enterprise Integration Patterns
EEO, ADA, FMLA Compliant
VLink is an equal opportunity employer. At VLink, we are committed to embracing diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. VLink does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, or discharge, will be decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, performance, and business needs.
Why do so many people find a home with VLink? It’s more than our office parties and picnics — VLink has a sense of social responsibility that we pass on to all our team members.
We try to make a difference beyond solving our clients’ most pressing IT challenges. We’refilled with a spirit of enabling change for good, primarily through technology. Whether that’s helping youths embrace a STEM program or joining the global community to attack a health crisis, we feel we have a moral responsibility to apply our talent where it’s most needed.
Our recognition for industry-leading cloud optimization, migration and hybrid solutions means ROI for your company.