Effective Date: November 20, 2017
VLink, Inc. respects the privacy of our affiliates, customers, and visitors to our Web site, www.vlinkinfo.com. While offering our Web site users the advantages and convenience of Web-based technologies, we also strive to employ practices that ensure information collected about affiliates, customers, and visitors is used conscientiously and appropriately.
What information is collected on the Web Site?
Generally, information is used to help us better serve our affiliates and customers.
- General visitors: We collect information for internal marketing purposes about pages that visitors browse. This information does not contain e-mail addresses.
- Affiliates: We collect personally identifiable information about affiliates who provide their information on Web pages that are specifically designed to collect membership information, such as online questionnaires, resume submissions, job postings, and applications for membership.
Do we use “cookies?”
A “cookie” is a packet of information that a Web server sends to a user’s computer to identify that specific user the next time he or she visits the site. Our use of “cookie” technology is restricted to our message boards and chat software. For the message boards, the technology is used to confirm access rights for users. For chats, the cookie technology is used to identify a previous visitor.
How do we use information collected on the Web Site?
The information we collect is used to improve the content of our Website, enhance the value of our products, and communicate with affiliates and customers as follows:
VLink, Inc., its elected leaders, and its affiliated components have access to membership information for purposes of communicating with affiliates and furthering the mission of the organization.
- VLink, Inc. may make address information available to external organizations for purposes of providing affiliates relevant information. Such information does not include e-mail addresses.
- Any request by an external organization or affiliated component of VLink, Inc. for a mailing list of affiliates must be approved on a case-by-case basis, and the organization must agree that the information will only be used for the specifically approved communication.
- VLink, Inc. may make educational session participant contact information available to corporate partners and individuals serving as faculty at educational programs.
- Affiliates and others granted log-in access to the Affiliates Only Area of VLink, Inc. may access individual affiliate information that affiliates choose to include in the online Affiliate Directory.
- Recruiters and other users may access affiliate resumes and contact information that individuals have chosen to include in the online VLink, Inc. Resume Bank or Application Tracking System.
- VLink, Inc. may contact affiliates and customers about events and opportunities.
How may affiliates or customers opt out of receiving materials?
Any affiliate or customer who does not wish to be contacted by us or an organization with which we might otherwise share contact information may let us know by sending an e-mail to [[email protected]] or by using the contact information below. Affiliates and customers may request to opt out of specific e-mail communications from VLink, Inc. or request an overall opt out of both mail and e-mail communications (with the exception of basic membership and dues renewal mailings). Additionally, affiliates may manage their personal information in the online Affiliate Directory and choose what information will be accessible there.
How may affiliates or customers review their information or request a change of information?
Affiliates and customers may update their information by sending an e-mail to [[email protected]] or by using the contact information below.
How may affiliates, customers, or visitors request information about the security of VLink, Inc.?
We have reasonable security measures in place at our physical facilities and on our Web server to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of information collected from affiliates, customers, and visitors. Requests to review security information may be sent to us using the contact information below.
Periodically we may use collected information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. When our information collection and dissemination practices change, we will post the policy changes on VLink, Inc.
How do I contact VLink, Inc.?
Attention: VLink, Inc.
Address: 701 John Fitch Blvd,
South Windsor, CT 06074
E-mail: [email protected]