5 Key Benefits of MS Azure Cloud Platform
It is impossible to imagine the future of business without tagging along the cloud computing services providing the IT infrastructure of most digital enterprises. These services offer a complete set of storage, virtual desktops, and server development platforms. There is increased activation of newer services day by day, owing to the ease and value of the cloud computing platforms.
Among several Cloud Service Providers such as IBM cloud services, Amazon Web Services, and the Google cloud platform, the Azure cloud computing has taken up the primary market share with revenue growth of 76% every succeeding year. Thus, reading about the Azure Cloud market becomes imperative, comprising the maximum market share growth.
What is Microsoft Azure Cloud Service?
Microsoft Azure is a cloud computing platform that provides physical services and hardware alternatives in its cloud-based services. Most IT professionals use it to develop and manage applications via the data center networks. These virtual machines can run on all the Microsoft server products and various other third-party products.
Azure Cloud Service is the preferred choice for large organizations desiring both the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS). It permits the user to run a WordPress website and create a Node JS website without the requirement of Windows or Linux servers.
The major highlight of Microsoft Azure Cloud Service is its smooth integration with the already existing IT system through a sizable network of protected encryption features, hybrid databases, and private connections.
Enterprise Use of Microsoft Azure Cloud
The MS Azure cloud platform guarantees a distinguished excellence level with its perfect combination of extraordinary compliance, data residency, and availability. It has proven exceptional for all IT enterprises desiring cost-efficiency and stable solutions. There are multiple enterprise benefits of Microsoft Azure Cloud over other cloud platforms such as:
- Accelerated software development: The consolidated services and tools of Azure render developing and managing applications simpler. The user gets support throughout the invention and delivery process with easy designing, deployment, and code control. Besides this, there is an added advantage of enhanced speed in the familiar Microsoft environment.
- Strengthened security: One of the prime reasons behind the international recognition of this cloud service is its exceptional transparency and security. There is a centralized cloud view for quick threat detection and mitigation. Azure is the primary cloud platform with the latest international cloud security standard, ISO 27018.
- Unmatched Hybrid proficiency: The unparalleled hybrid proficiency of this cloud computing system distinguishes it from other such platforms. There is smooth mobility and a stable platform between on-premise and public cloud. This platform has an extensive range of hybrid connectors for better performance, such as caches, ExpressRoute connections, virtual private networks, and content delivery networks.
Market Share of Azure Cloud Service in the US
The Azure cloud service market share has risen from 2.5% to 15% during the last four quarters, as reported by the Synergy Research Group analysis report. Further, according to the Right scale 2018 state of the cloud report, the Azure services’ enterprise adoption grew from 43% to 58%, having a 35% CAGR. Compared with this, AWS’ adoption rose to 68% from 59%.
Further, as stated by Statista in 2018, the global current and planned usage of these cloud service providers for running different applications by enterprises was 64% on AWS and 45% on Azure. Thus, second only to Amazon Web Services, Azure is utilized by government agencies, developers, and enterprises looking for a cloud alternative to their hardware.
Step-by-Step Azure Cloud Migration Strategy
There is a 4 step procedure followed to migrate applications to Azure. The Step-by-Step Azure Cloud Migration is:
Step 1: Assess –
The primary step of migrating the data to Azure is to talk about the migration with the stakeholders. Followed by this, the user must choose the segments which will benefit the most from migration. Further, assess how fit the application is for running on a cloud, and evaluate the required changes. Key points to consider for the primary assessment stage are:
- Focus on building a virtual network for ensuring a similar performance like the on-premise data center. Analyze the number of subsets needed and the management of DNS.
- Look up the storage availability of the cloud service provider and choose solutions based on the number of allowed operations each second.
- Check Azure Auto scale for dynamic auto-scaling of the application.
Step 2: Migrate –
The next step is to choose the suitable Azure migration strategy from the four available techniques. Once it is final, look up the tools for migration in that strategy. It is favorable to start with simpler things to migrate that preserve the business value and later switch to more complex applications. Key points to consider for the second stage of Cloud migration are:
- Is there a need to employ Azure’s hybrid cloud solution?
- Is there any workload better suited for the 365 Microsoft office environment instead of Azure?
- Which mode is preferable from traditional VMs, serverless functions, and containers?
- Are there any higher capacity machines requiring migration or special hardware requirements not supported by the Azure cloud platform?
Step 3: Optimize –
Constantly monitor the application after it has been deployed and lookout for ways to enhance the application. It is one of the most crucial stages of migration strategy since it involves considering newer elements beyond the regular operations. Key points to consider for the third stage of optimization are:
- Thoroughly analyze the cost of operation to figure out means to optimize them with Azure services and enhanced automation.
- Analyze the performance to judge the accomplishment of the ascertained goals. Your performance standard should at least be similar to your on-premise model, if not enhanced already.
- Along with assessing your performance, keep in mind the succeeding steps to reach newer targets and reinvest for dynamic new capabilities.
Step 4: Secure and Manage –
Once the application has been migrated and is up and running, the following integral step is to secure and manage the application. The application will run efficiently on the cloud alternative with efficient security and management. Key points to consider for the fourth stage of secure and manage are:
- Familiarise yourself with the security functioning and tools of the Azure cloud platform and verify if all the security measures are responding and working effectively.
- Place the protective measures like backup, encryption, and distant recovery best suited for your application to ensure complete protection.
- Monitor the application performance with the help of Azure tools like NewRelic, AppDynamics, and Azure Traffic Manager for real-user analysis.
There is an excellent opportunity to redesign your application and further your business by employing the MS Azure Cloud service. Monitoring and managing the business operations becomes simplified and secure with the help of this scalable and secure cloud platform.
While looking for IT solutions for your organization, look no farther than VLink, where we engineer meaningful and productive solutions for our clients. Our aim is the client’s success by providing them valuable services to call in for that success sooner. Our organization’s over-the-top adaptability and scalability are what put us on our client’s lists time and again, and we never fall short of delivering.